Friday, January 31, 2014

Book Review: Lauren Conrad Beauty

This is the first beauty book I read. (I've read a couple of books on natural hair but nothing on makeup and stuff.)

The book started out entertaining enough and she did have a couple of good tips about hair care and nails... but honestly I felt it was a bit redundant.

Lauren Conrad is reality show star turned beauty mogul. She has her successful clothing line at Kohl's and a beauty advice column in PeopleStyleWatch magazine. So I guess taking beauty advice from her a little credible.

The book goes over everything beauty from hairstyles, to hair care, different makeup looks, nail care and much more. It is also littered with personal antidotes that are pretty entertaining too. My only qualm with the book is that it doesn't give you any original tips that you didn't know from common sense or a YouTube video.

it probably would suit a very young girl that is just putting her foot into the world of beauty but for a makeup junkie like me, it wasn't TOO useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment