Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Powder (Pictures and Application)

If you haven't been pounded by the incessant hype surrounding these Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders, there is a slight chance you have been living under a rock (that or you're just not that into makeup and you've stumbled on to the post by accident)
I was so excited when I got mine from Sephora earlier on in the year- yeah the blog post is YEARS late... at least you know it will be a through review. I love the sleek packaging but with the $45 price tag, I wouldn't be surprised if it was dipped in gold
The appeal of these setting powders is that they are supposed to diffuse a light onto your skin, giving you a gorgeous airbrushed finish.
I got mine in Radiant Light. I figured it was a nice way to dip my toe in it because I wasn't 100% sure how it would look on dark skin. If the tone was too harsh, I would just use it as a highlight.
Believe it or not but there are actually TWO swatches on my hand. On the top is a heavy concentrated swatch, unblended. On the bottom, I blended it in with my skin, it melts into my deep skin tone. On my face, I do like that highlight it gives me (I keep in concentrated on the center of my face) because it does give it a natural radiant glow. But as far as actually SETTING my makeup, it kind of fails. I have to layer it on top of another powder, especially when it comes to setting creamy concealers.

All in all, I don't think it was a fail... I HAVE had better though.

No comments:

Post a Comment