Thursday, February 13, 2014

Fashion 101: Mixing prints

I am personally NOT a fan of this fashion trend. Even though I am into beauty, I can't really seem to have a firm hold on fashion. (Especially when it comes to trends like this.) Why would you want to look like you had to throw everything thing in your closet on at the same time?

But the fashion magazines seem to be crying out in unison that this is an acceptable look for the street. Celebrities like Solange Knowles have made this the quirky girl's uniform.


I mean, sure, of course it would work on her right?







I admit, there are days when I have left the house to lazy to coordinate a proper outfit. On those occasions, I try to convince myself that I'm "mixing prints" but how do I convince onlookers that? Hold up a sign?

I have heard that the key to making this work for the average man is to pair a smaller print with a bigger print.
So this scarf could work with this poncho... But what do I know?

All in all, this difficult trend should be saved for the celebrity, the runway, and the brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment